Preface, Session 1
- First Quest: apprehend Seth Ellie
- investigate Seth’s house
- in wilderness, fight wolves
- enter Dark Place, fight bear
- encounter solitary bat
- in skull room/slippery floor, Grumm climbs up into an eye socket
- find concealed hallway, find dragon and try to talk with it
- back off, find ice pool and talk to ice mephits
- navigate mirror maze one
- ignore mirror maze two, backtrack, fight air elementals
- rest overnight
Preface, Session 2
- mirror maze two
- in swiss cheese cavern, fight ooze
- walk through snow globe room
- confront Seth, climb Rorrim under fire
- Grumm cuts the boy, who immediate surrenders
- Seth shares memory with Seth
- Rorrim tries to communicate
- bring Seth back to town, hear about intrigue at Wintersum Feast
- introduce Seth to Alexi, wizard mentor
- a year passes, level up to 3
Preface, Session 3
- Second Quest: apprehend Seth Ellie
- talk to babysitter Tatyana, pour on charm
- visit Seth’s house, discover Note; give her a coin and a musical instrument
- arrange for mayor’s family to be out, investigate Annah’s mirror
- outside of house notice tail; apprehend Boris
- confront Ivan & street thugs near mayor’s office
Preface, Session 4
- return to wilderness, fight mandragora
- enter dark place, fight talking bear
- in skull room, fight cave fishers
- walk through mephit room; ice pool is empty and frozen
- navigate mirror maze one
- enter mirror maze two: something stalks PCs but they avoid it
- follow shortcut to snow globe room
- confront Seth and apprehend him under fire
- execute Seth
- enter town hoping to explore haunted house, but Wintersum feast is in full swing
- survive earthquake
- help city in aftermath
- contribute money to Viccus to care for Note, Viccus restores orphanage
- a year passes, snow pounds Kora, level up to 4
Preface, Session 5
- Third Quest: find Annah and bring her home
- investigate Annah’s mirror, clue leads to orphanage
- discover Annah went to Note to find Seth; both set off into wilderness
- orphange burns down
- wilderness travel slowed by snow storm; PCs discover Dark Place entrance blocked by earthquake.
- dragon finds them outside of dark place. negotiates to show them a way in.
Preface, Session 6
- enter dark place, fight big mother spider
- fight more spiders
- fight bat swarms
- solitary bat follows them
- maze connects with skull room
- navigate mirror maze one
- enter mirror maze two, fight Minotaur, lose Rufshod, find girls held captive
- follow girls to Rorrim, break the bad news that Seth isn’t there
- talk to Rorrim
- one-by-one PCs step through Rorrim, bringing the 2 girls with them
Chapter 1, Session 7
- arrive in caves, Rufshod appears at the same time (although he entered the Rorrim months later than the PCs)
- reorient, meet Castellan Sturn and cautiously scrutinize his story
- Fourth Quest: survive, and get to civilization?
- pick up pieces of TPK and run from cave dragon
- backtrack through large ‘fumey’ caves
- come across field of dead darkmantles: formerly killed by Sturn’s party
- fight demon scouts, run from reinforcements
- rest overnight
Chapter 1, Session 8
- travel through lower levels
- choose between trolls and heart-flayer orcs (ran past trolls)
- find secret room & switch, throw switch
- arrive at level 7: discover that it is different than maps
- find bas relief sculpture of processing dwarves
- go through 3 trapped rooms; clear the way with bodies of PCs
- discover mausoleum one; raid sarcophagi for potions of virtue
- fight large animated object (statue)
- discover mausoleum two; raid sarcophagi for potions of virtue
- fight large animated object (faster statue)
- discover fork in the road and another large statue. Tie up third statue and open door to “Sand Summoner Chamber”
Chapter 1, Session 9
- look down opposite corridor and see scary red wave-like sculptures leading around the bend
- choose to enter Sand Summoner Chamber
- encounter rake-handed guardian; run past, leaving Sturn and two girls behind
- descend staircases to sandy floor
- pull lever, and large amount of “special summoning sand” touches floor and turns into guardian
- fight this large tortured guardian, who desperately exclaims “help me!” and decomposes
- open storage box; find scrolls of ‘summon sand creature’ I, II and III
- open storage box, learn codes
- use special summoning sand to animate a small servant and a scorpion, get hit by exploding sand
- rest overnight, level up to 5
- read mind of rake-hand, who hopes for rescue
Chapter 1, Session 10
- meet Sphinx, learn that a single mind controls sphinx AND rake-hand; “beware the crown of sand”
- solve “7 + 5 = 4” riddle
- break into Cuffon’s tomb; fight “double-headed snake” guardian
- break into Dargo’s tomb; fight “fire-amphibian” guardian
Chapter 1, Session 11
- rest overnight, level up
- break into Bren’s tomb, look inside
- proceed toward Garon, solve 7 + 5 = 1 riddle
- discover Garon’s huge ornate face
- snag Garon’s left eye; trap hits Bel with a hail of bolts
- snag Garon’s right eye; Vapur is buried alive
- open Garon’s face and discover staircase up
- climb stairs and trigger “one-way” door mechanical trap
- walk through chamber of many holes
- enter antechamber, one door locked and one door marked “Garon”
- touch Garon door, causing locked door to cycle through and open; tension builds
- huge screaming elemental climbs through the door as the final defender of Garon’s tomb
- discover pain
- sever the vortex of sand between elemental’s head and some huge machine; once broken, the rampage ends
- talk to elemental
Chapter 1, Session 12
- choose between friendship w/ “Pewter” and easy treasure (took the friendship)
- break into Garon’s tomb, find a bit of treasure.
- search for bigger treasure; a clue scratched into the sarcophagus yields nothing.
- explore the prison room.
- break into Bren’s tomb, fight “kyton” guardian.
- reunite with Sturn and girls, leave and seal Sand Summoner Chamber behind.
- steamroll through dungeons level 5 and up.
- Pewter sends word: the elements are in turmoil!
- follow Sturn through civilized parts of dungeons, emerge into his “Gemmed Citadel.”
- meet the “Magarch”, one of three rulers of the city and country.
- Witness the broken sky: blue fades to a huge black vortex far above.
- Ultimate quest: prophecy tells that you may fix it… somehow.
Chapter 2, Session 13
- Fifth quest: become “Champions of Desmond”
– Magarch believes prophecy names you “Champions of Desmond”.
– however not everyone in the city interprets prophecy the same way.
– some people think “champion” is the winner of a tournament; therefore one is starting now.
– if you win (or excel in) the tournament, you will be eligible for the city’s great resources.
– you sign up, and are assigned a wizard guide, Searos.
- Searos brings you to an oracle to hear about prophecy; it’s complicated.
- oracle will read through some parts and tell you the next step in a couple of days.
- Searos takes you to his master for his spellbook; but the master resists. dick.
- You sell off loot and go shopping for new gear.
- Take the Trial of Skill: archery, caber toss, and illusory situations.